1. What is the best accessory to complete a room?
2. How do you decide on the color scheme for the room?
Colors are so personal. The client is always the boss!
3. The secret to styling a mantel?
Taller items belong on the left. Less is more. Sometimes a large artwork or mirror just by itself is enough to finish the mantel.
4. Designer pet peeve? (i.e TV above the fireplace)
I have many pet peeves. Ha! My top two are when clients insist upon placing furniture that’s blocking a doorway and when they won’t pay to have electronic equipment professionally installed. Wires and outdated electronics are so unsightly.
5. Without fail design hint that you have learned over your career?
Hang curtain rods above the window. Every time!
For more information on Jennifer Scully check out www.jenniferscullydesigns.com